In this return to running down internet marketing news, we hit all of the great and not so great Google updates.
JUST IN: Internet Sales Tax Advances in Senate
For or against, the Senate may make a final vote this week on the bill to increase of the collection of online sales taxes, which will benefit states and localities according to the NY Times. According to Internet Retailer, the White House believes this bill will “level the playing field for local small business retailers that are in competition every day with large out-of-state online companies.” The Washington Post has more on the current online tax laws and how this may change.
Don’t Miss: Google Hits Mozilla With Spam Penalty Over User Generated Content
Mozilla is pinged by Google, not as a whole, but for just one page out of 22 million. It’s a lesson for all site owners. It’s your responsibility to watch out for user generated content (UGC) even if seemingly out of your hands. More on why even Mozilla needs to watch out for UGC at Search Engine Land.
10 Second Tip: Be where YOUR audience is. Get more quick tips from Late Night host Jimmy Fallon at Inc.com.
Keep an Eye on: Google Testing Same Day Delivery
Internet Retailer reports Google is ready to test same day delivery. Interested testers in the San Francisco Bay Area can sign up on Google Shopping Express and join the ranks of Staplers, Target, and Toys ‘R’ Us. Retailers are advised to charge 5 %or $10 or less, similar to Wal Mart’s same day delivery rates. (Which do you think is reasonable?) However just 9% of U.S. online consumers said same-day delivery is a top concern according to the Boston Consulting Group, compared to 74% saying free shipping would improve the shopping experience.
Solid Cactus Finds
Here are a few great resources found by our talented Internet Marketing and Search Engine Optimization team!
- How to Contact Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Other Social Networks:
- 3 Tips for Better SEO and Social Media Time Management
- 33 examples of great meta descriptions for search
- Working With an Outside Developer: How to Make Your SEO Campaign Successful
Other Links Worth Tweeting:
- Long vs Short Subject Line: Which Increased Sales From Abandoners? #email #ecommerce
- Nielsen Says: Focus on the Customer -Win the Customer
- Social Media Day is June 30: Be ready #smo
- State of Social Media #infographic
- Analytics Access is Enhanced with Fine Tuned
- 8 Steps to Creating Your Personal Brand #brand #market
- The Interactive Google Analytics Guide #google #analytics
- Hip ModCloth Knows How to Tailor Message to Customers #commerce #customerservice
- Yahoo! says Goodbye to Old Products This Week #springcleaning
- 11 Tips Rand Gave to Marketers #seo #marketing #great advice
- Questions to Ask Your SEO #seo