How do I succeed on Facebook? How do I turn Likes into sales? Why does no one like my page? How do I grow my Facebook? How do I get more Likes? If you’re asking these questions, you’re not the only typing these questions into a search box.
However, these aren’t the questions you should be asking. At least – not until you answer a few others questions first. Big questions take time and the biggest question of all ‘How do I turn likes to sales?’ can be found by first asking yourself…
Is your demographic suited for Facebook?
- B2B need not apply. A recent Inc.com article ‘Does Facebook Work for B2B Marketing?’ explains that yes, there’s some successes there, but it’s rare.
- Are you Mom friendly? Remember that the top demographic that is active on Facebook is the ‘Mom’ crowd.
- Is your target customer tech savvy? You’re in the right place. But if you don’t have a Facebook, think how likely it is that your typical customer has one. Are you your typical customer? If you’re addicted to social media, they may be too. Why not asking them?
How do you plan to use Facebook?
- Offer sales, discounts, special incentives. People follow brands on Facebook because they’re passionate about the brand, are looking for deals, or want an inside track to specials. Customers want to be treated well, special. Who doesn’t?
- Secret Scoop. So you can’t offer special deals to Facebook? Sneak out a Facebook post about a sale 24 hours beforehand so they’re the first to know!
Can you be timely and on the ball?
- It’s all about the timing. An Oscars contest before February 24th will far greater reach and effectiveness with your Facebook following in the weeks before, rather than after. Think of it as getting the most bang for your buck. But the bang is Facebook’s ‘Talking about This’ metric. What are people talking about and how can you get into the conversation?
- Announcing a new product? Tell Facebook first. No one wants old news – they already stumbled across is on the site.
Do you have a plan if you can’t personally be on Facebook every day?
- Schedule your posts in advance. Facebook lets you pre-post a photo or test updates months in advance. So if you know you’ll be busy on Memorial Day, schedule a post now, wishing everyone a peaceful day off!
- Get a little help! If it’s a simple task of updating the daily specials, see who else on staff has the time to lend a hand. For the whole Facebook package, hire a professional. Our Facebook management services act as an extension of your business. We love to post hot deals, fresh updates, and treat your customers as if they were our own!
So how do I turn likes to sales?
You can’t. Facebook isn’t a marketplace. It’s a social network, where you can promote your brand, message and spread awareness. That isn’t to say that you can’t turn a single Like into a lead or sale. It’s just going to depend on factors from our earlier questions. The real value to you is creating loyal customers that continue to buy from you. The “like” alone is just the start.
Remember, Facebook isn’t about sales as much as it is your brand, your message and reach. It’s a place to be social with your customers, whether providing a place to ask for help with an order or to simply shout out how much they love your brand. These kinds of interactions and posts are what every Facebook Page, big and small needs for social media success.
Liked this post? Be sure to Like it on Facebook and keep an eye for the next installment of ‘Commonly Queried SEO Questions’!