As we bid adieu to the first month of this New Year, it’s time to really buckle done and grow your social media presence beyond 2013! 2013 proved to be a fruitful year in the world of social media, and 2014 will more than likely be another huge year in the social world. Social media is a tricky animal, as it can be significantly complex and is in a constant state of change.
In order to achieve results in the social world, it’s important to develop and implement a strategy and framework that will help lead to a strong social media presence! Of course, you could always leave your social media management to the professionals. But, one thing is certain- now is the time to revisit your social media strategy and jumpstart your 2014 social presence! Here are a few helpful tips and tricks that can help you grow your brand in 2014:
- It’s inarguable that social media is one of the best tools available for building a professional brand that has personality. Every social network imaginable is a potential blank slate for you to build your brand upon. If you’ve created all of the proper accounts, but perhaps threw in the towel on trying to manage them (neglecting, or potentially even damaging your social media presence), consider dusting off those old profiles and getting back in the game! Now is the time to make your online presence known and start being active on all of your social networks.
- Create the absolute best social media profile you can, using visually appealing images, and keeping your profiles polished and professional. This should further echo throughout each and every post. Consider your social media accounts to be the windows to your website or online business. If you present your social profiles in a professional and aesthetically pleasing way, visitors are more likely to learn more about your business or brand, and even visit your website, which could lead to conversations and an increase in overall traffic.
- When managing your social presence online, consider yourself a “curator”, and not so much a salesperson. Become an influencer of the social world and share original or just plain awesome content! Sharing a balance of original content, as well as interesting content from other sources is a healthy way to engage your audience and raise brand awareness.
- Engage your audience! It’s important to actively reply to your fans and show them that they’re a valued part of your business.
- Business is a dog-eat-dog world, regardless of size. Chances are that your competitors are also using social media. Monitor your competitors and stay on top of social media trends, so as to not fall behind. Staying on top of trends and what your competitors are doing is a great way to keep your social presence fresh, relevant and effective.
- Explore other networks! In 2013, many social networks grew in popularity, like Instagram and Vine; however, these networks existed for quite a while until they finally hit it big. If you notice a new social network or networking tool emerging, consider striking while the iron is hot.
The most important thing you can do to raise your social media presence in 2014 is to be consistent and active! What are your particular social media goals for 2014?